Monday 13 May 2013

Whats in my bag & mini review!

Hello lovelies! Hope everyone is well, this is my first proper post in a while when I haven't been complaining about something.
I myself like a good snoop into other peoples bags so its only fair I show everyone what's in mine in return. Although after taking all the photos and seeing all the crap I carry around with my daily I am rethinking about what I am taking as it seems a tad excessive.

My bag is a Mulberry Alexa, in the oversized size in tan. I thought it would be perfect for day to day as I carry around tonnes with me and it also doubles up as a weekend bag. This bag was a gift and I've used it daily since I received it.

Firstly in my bag I carry around my purse, its just a leopard print one from Primark, nothing too exciting, although I'm thinking of saving up for a Ted Baker wallet. I also carry around a notebook, this one is from Wilkinsons, but I'm not too keen on it as it isn't lined which means my writing gets a tad wobbly. The leopard print pouch holds all of my little bits for emergencies, I call it my you never know pouch.

Inside of my 'you never know' pouch I keep all of the following; blister patches, tissues, plasters, Nurofen, Nytol, a mini brush, hair grips, bobbles, a lolly(?!), a sample of Origins mega bright skin tones correcting serum, a mini Clarins lip gloss, a sample of Elisabeth Arden 8 hour cream, a mini Benefit They're real mascara, paracetamol, and depotted Mac Crème Cup lipstick, Mac Hue, Mac Shy Girl and Mac Studio finish concealer. And women's products but I didn't photograph them. This little pouch means I'm more of less ready for anything that may happen if I'm out, probably a tad too ready. But if you ever get a headache, need a sleep or need a slick of lipstick, you know who to come to!

I also keep in my bag a few more essentials (as if I haven't got enough, no wonder my back always hurts, ouch!) headphones, chewing gum, a sample of Yves Rocher So Elixir perfume which I received in a Glossybox, I also received the Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream which smells amazing and also is a great moisturiser. And a travel can of L'Oreal Elnett hairspray which is nice but I prefer their diamond hold compare to their supreme hold.

I usually don't carry any make up with me but I haven't emptied it out of my bag since I spent the night at a friend's house recently. Firstly there is Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation that I rediscovered at the back of my collection, although I think this has oxidised as it makes my face look a tad orange even though I have the lightest shade. There is also the highly raved Rimmel Stay Matte powder, I have the Translucent one, however due to my horrible angry skin at the moment it doesn't really do much on my skin. I also have Mac's Hue lipstick, its my favourite lipstick ever! A recent discover is Illamasqua's eye pencil in Hex which is the perfect nude to pop in your waterline for a wide eyed look. I've also recently rediscovered Urban Decay's primer potion, although I have no eyeshadows travelling with me, oops. I always carry around my favourite mascara, Soap & Glory's Thick and Fast mascara, which gives me long thick lashes in just 2 coats. I always also carry around a cream blush as its tonnes easier then having to carry around a brush, Nars Penny Lane is a lovely natural blush with almost a highlighter sheen when applied to cheek bones, and I've also popped a primer into my bag, 17's photo flawless primer, I like how it feels on the skin, however I don't think it does much for making my foundation last or making my pores looking less visible, if anything it does the opposite. And of course I have a tube of Collection's lasting perfection concealer, obviously.

I also carry around with me 2 pairs of sunglasses (no idea why I need 2?!) the Rayban-alike ones are from Topshop and the others are Primark. And finally (thank god!) I carry around a Hello Kitty pencil case I got free in a magazine, which was only bought for the free pencil case, woops.

That is everything I take with me daily, I think I will make a few changes to the amount I carry as it is a tad excessive, 2 mascara's and 2 pairs of sunglasses is a tad much.

What do you carry around with you in your handbag?

No comments:

Post a Comment