Thursday 16 May 2013

Rimmel Match Perfect foundation!

Hello lovelies!
I'm sure we've all been in the position of hunting for the perfect foundation, one that gives the perfect face look without making it look like you're actually wearing foundation? Yep we've all been there. And I believe I've found mine.

Rimmel's Match Perfection is the only foundation I've found that actually looks nice, I've been a bit through the mill with foundations, and none have really done what I really want somehow, and most have never matched my awkward skin tone just right. So when I picked up Match Perfection on a whim, I didn't think its claims of 'adapting your skin tone & texture' would actually materialise when on the skin, but I was so happy to be wrong!


Before application


After application

Match perfect is a beautiful foundation once blended, it has a natural dewy finish and is a good medium coverage. The only downside to this foundation is that is doesn't last very long on the skin, and because I like the finish of this foundation on its own I try to avoid touching any powder. So if you have an oily/combination skin type I'd wear a good primer underneath.
This foundation lasts about 4 hours on my skin when only wearing moisturiser underneath and no powder on top. When I wear my illumiating primer from Estee Lauder (favourite, review to come!) and it can last about 6 and a half hours, then begins to fade and doesn't go patchy at all. It is a buildable foundation so I usually put a tad more on my cheeks where the redness shines through like a beacon.

I picked this beauty up at my local Xtras store (not too sure if its national or just in Newcastle) for around £4, but you can pick this up in Boots/Superdrug for around £7.

Whats your favourite foundation? Have you ever tried Rimmel's Match Perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment